When it comes to social media, the last thing you would think of is the IRS, isn’t it? It’s time to change your way of thinking because the IRS has changed the way it disseminates information. They’re getting with the program and are offering several ways to keep the general public up-to-date with new developments. What better way to keep the public informed than to get a little more social.
Here’s are some of the ways the IRS is making it easier for you to find out what’s going on:
- YouTube: You can view tax videos that provide a host of information on various topics. The benefit of getting the information on YouTube is that it’s offered in several languages, not just English. Keeping the hearing impaired in mind, the videos provide sign language translations.
- IRS2Go: The IRS has apps. They developed the IRS2Go app for smartphones. The app allows you to communicate with the IRS. You can get information about refunds and learn about new tax changes and updates. The app is available for iPhone, iTouch and Android.
- IRS widgets: Web developers and bloggers know all about widgets. If your blog (like this one) has tax related information, go to MarketingExpress.irs.gov to download a widget for your site.
- Twitter: Follow IRS tweets @IRSnews.
- IRS Podcasts: It is now possible to download free IRS Podcasts from iTunes. Just imagine the amount of information you can learn as you go for a morning run while listening to IRS podcasts. With topics ranging from ID Theft: Are You a Victim to First-Time Home buyer Credit, it doesn’t get any better than that.
The old excuse of “I didn’t know” will no longer hold water in this digital and socially networked world. What are you waiting for? Go forth and get your tax information.